Saturday, July 12, 2008

Over 40 sag and lag

Over 40, and not only have I began to sag, I've began to lag. Seems I have no energy at the end of the day. It would seem that I really started falling apart when I turned 40. LOL.. I have an eye floater!! Old people have those!! My knee hurts and it hurts after I have sit and try to get up... Old people do that!!! I need to figure out how to get a 'jump start'...


I did go to the dr. a couple weeks ago and he gave me a testosterone shot and meds for my thyroid. I am waiting for my energy to kick back in but so far it has not. The energizer bunny just has not started back up... One of the ladies at work, joked with me and said 'you will be skinny with energy and a full facial beard'.. She is a hoot.


Of course the doc said I need to be on a 1000 calorie a day diet... LOL... I said, if I would only eat 1000 calories a day, I would be very skinny... He thought my ideal weight would be 115.. I could wish for that but I really do not even want to be that small. I have started eating Pistachio nuts the past week and I love them... I like all kinds of nuts (pecans, walnuts, cashews,etc.) but pistachios are suppose to be a very healthy snack.


A 1-oz serving of pistachios, with 160 calories, offers an excellent source of vitamin B6, copper and magnesium; and are a good source of fiber, thiamin and phosphorus making them a wise snack choice. For more information on these studies, visit www.pistachiohealth.com

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Hello there old lady. I'll wait a minute so you can go and find your glasses so you can see this better. HA HA HA I know. You are not falling apart. If ya do I'll help put you back together. i forgot to give you a shout out on my blog. I was up most of the night last night getting all that posted. I promise to get it done though. gald to see you posting. I always come and check each day.