Monday, July 14, 2008

Going Green brings out the redneck in all of us


Recycle, Recycle...we have to go green!!! That is all I hear out of J. He digs through my trash and pulls out items that I should recycle. I am all about being green but get out of my trash!! LOL... I think he just does it to see how much I can take and how long before I go over the edge and yell at him.. He actually brings me trash from his house to recycle.


I tried to explain that I do recycle but on my terms....I was going out buying flower pots, baskets and containers and I thought 'why am I spending this money when I have junk in the basement that could be used for flower pots?'.. I rummaged through my 'treasures' and found an old wooden cradle, old porcelain pots, old baskets, and old ash bucket that I had bought at an auction..An old metal trash can that I had bought at an auction and that made a perfect patio container for my tomato plant. So I do recycle, but I do not dig in other's trash cans and pull out card board containers...

1 comment:

Chanda said...

I'm all about the green stuff business these days too. I do it on my terms also. I'm all about recycled clothing and books and buy from antique stores rather than buying new, but I'm not gonna collasp and save corn flake boxes and milk jugs so I can drive 20 miles one way to turn them in to a recycle center. I'm right there with ya.