Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dad's corn crop


Dad's sweet corn crop is quite healthy this year so I've been up to my ears with ears. I brought home 10 dozen a couple weeks ago. My mom did not need to clean anymore corn so all of it came home with me. Peaches n cream sweet corn is quite delicious.
Pop always plants more than he needs, but it must make him happy. He takes some of it around and sells it for nearly nothing and it is hard work picking all that corn by hand.
He likes being out in the heat though, and on the go and at 74 he can out go me for sure. I was at mom and dad's for about two hours: dad and I schucked the corn, he then got his chain saw out chopping up limbs that had fallen in the yard, then started up the mower and began mowing and acre or so. He would rather be in the heat than in the air conditioning. I hope I still get around that good when I am 74.

No comments: