Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memories=Marbles collection


Most of my collections were inspired by someone or I have those to keep someones memory alive. When I go to the antique shops, I always have thoughts and memories of my grandmother. She was so ahead of her times and often I think 'I should have kept that crazy looking bottle that grandma gave me'. She always gave us hankies and strange looking bottles for X-mas. I just love to find one of those 'genie' type bottles and not because I like them but because it brings back such good memories for me.
The picture I'm downloading is of a vase full of Marbles that I purchased a year or so ago because it made me think of my good friend Shanda. We rarely see each other or even talk on the phone, but she is often thought about in my home. The kids and I reminisce quite often about times spent at her house when they were young. I know nothing about marbles and do not need to because these were only purchased because they triggered a memory. I am sharing this because sometimes we all think that are life has not been meaningful enough or we have not made a lasting impression or motivated enough when really we have.
I love that chain email that I receive from time to time that states: there is someone in the world thinking about you but you just do not know it. That is so very true. You just never know who you have inspired throughout the years.

The glass vase or spooner in the picture is a piece of Ohio and Flint glass called circle and swag
.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts and the memories that you cherish.

No comments: